Screw conveyor is a kind of conveyor vibration system used for horizontal, inclined or vertical conveying of non-sticky powdery materials, granular materials or sheet materials, and conveying materials from one place to another.
When the screw conveyor is running, the material enters the screw shaft from the feed port, then advances through screw extrusion and rotation, and finally is discharged from the discharge port.
Due to the small conveying space and the sensitivity of the material, the screw conveyor is prone to material blockage if the feeding is too vigorous during the feeding process; Material tangling may occur when the spiral axis rotates; and the middle-suspended bearing may become blocked by the material.
Therefore, blockage is the most common fault of the screw conveyor. In case of blockage, it can affect production efficiency, increase power consumption, burn out the motor, twist the spiral shaft, and affect the normal operation of production.
7 solutions to resolve the blockage of a screw conveyor
- Reasonably choose the technical parameters of the screw conveyor. Such as choosing the conveying capacity, the speed and motor power that match the conveyed material, etc.
- Strictly follow the operating procedures, achieve no-load start and stop, and ensure continuous and uniform feeding. In addition, in the feeding process, gradually increase the feed to gradually reach the rated conveying capacity.
- Increase the discharge port or lengthen the tail of the trough to solve the problem of poor discharge or inadequate discharge. At the same time, a short section of reverse blades can be installed at the end of the discharge port trough to prevent blockage.
- Before feeding the material into the screw conveyor, it is necessary to clean the material to prevent large impurities or fibrous impurities from entering the machine and causing blockage.
- The material is easy to block when passing through the intermediate bearing, so the lateral size of the intermediate suspended bearing should be minimized as much as possible to reduce the possibility of material blockage when passing through the intermediate bearing.
- Install a silo level meter and blockage sensor to achieve automatic control and alarm.
- A blockage prevention valve should be opened on the discharge end cover plate. When a blockage occurs, due to the material accumulation, the blockage prevention valve will be opened and the power will be cut off through the travel switch.
The screw conveyor is an important mechanical equipment. In the process of using the equipment, regular maintenance is required to ensure the stability and prolong the service life of the mechanical equipment. Regularly cleaning the screw conveyor body and screw can avoid material accumulation, sedimentation, rust, and other situations that may affect the equipment life.