Many customers don’t know the difference between a belt feeder and a belt conveyor, and they always don’t know the difference between the two. The belt feeder and belt conveyor have both similarities and many differences. Today, belt feeder manufacturers have prepared the following article to explain to you the similarities and differences between the two.
- All are material handling equipment.
- There are motors, reducers, belts, rollers, and rollers.
8 differences between belt feeder and belt conveyor
- The belt conveyor is used for long-distance transportation, and the belt feeder is used for medium and short-distance feeding and reloading.
- The belt speed of the belt conveyor is relatively fast, generally at 2 m/s, and that of the belt feeder is generally around 0.5 m/s.
- Belt conveyors generally use trough rollers, and belt feeders generally use flat rollers.
- The material layer of the belt conveyor is low and conical, and the material layer of the belt feeder is thicker and flat. Therefore, the belt feeder is generally equipped with a guide groove, and the guide plate is thicker.
- The belt feeder can feed the vibrating screen and crushing, but the belt conveyor cannot feed the vibrating screen and crushing, otherwise the materials will be concentrated and the screening and crushing effect will not be good.
- The impact resistance of the belt conveyor is not good, and the impact resistance of the belt feeder is remarkable. It can be used under the warehouse to meet the heavy load start.
- The design of the belt conveyor is light and stable, and the design of the belt feeder is durable, and the performance of the whole machine is stable and reliable.
- Under the same belt speed, the feeding volume of the belt conveyor is small, and the feeding volume of the belt feeder is large
Read More: Conveyor System Wikipedia